Google farmer update was meant to improve quality of sight content from thin shallow to quality material that is of more use to visitors that Google sends to your sight. There are various advices on how you can improve your site to ensure it gets minimal negative impact from the Google panda update including the following:
• Remove or improve poorly written content from all parts of the site
• You can also update any material that is shallow with more depth.
• You can block low quality or auto generated content through your robots.txt file or put it to another site or sub-domain.
• Make sure your content is unique and adds value to what is already available online when adding content to any part of the site.
• Try to get user generated content such as product reviews and customer feedback for ecommerce sights. Providing further product details in form of user reviews, videos and FAQ’s will also improve user experience which is part of stated remit of Google.
• Link-out to other relevant sights to show you have genuine desire to educate your readers. For an ecommerce sight his could mean manufacturers website where the user can go to find more information.
• Ensure web pages with a lot of graphics and video has adequate balance of html content